Thursday, May 13, 2010

My favorite 14 year old!

14 years ago, 2 days before Mother's Day..this girl gave me my most prized title of motherhood. I still remember how overwhelmed with love I was for this little girl. Now she's 4 inches taller than me and 14 years old! I have come to not only love, but admire this girl. She is a responsible, kind, smart, helpful, talented, beautiful girl. I feel so lucky that I got her.
We started the morning with our traditional birthday music blasting from the stereo to wake her up. Then she had her favorite...mickey mouse waffles w/ strawberries and whipcream.

It was her year for a friend b-day party. We planned a ward treasure hunt. They got a clue that led them to a ward members house and then had to accomplish a task before they could receive the next clue. Here they are bobbing for apples in ice water! They had to do things like...make a certain # of baskets, get 30 marbles out of icewater with their toes, 100 jumps on a pogo stick, guess 6 pictionary words, get so many points in wii bowling, pass of 4 DDR songs with a grade of at least a B and bob for apples.



We ended up back at our house for a cookout, presents, cake, and more fun. She's got a good group of girl friends. Her surprise was a baby bunny, and 2 baby chicks..we ended the evening playing oo7. The girls had a great time and got lots of exercise.
Stay tuned for more accomplishments from this girl...she's AMAZING:)

5 comments:

Kyle and Lacey said...

Happy birthday to Shay! Looks like she had such a fun day. She is so beautiful!

Rie Teemant said...

AW Shayster! Happy Birthday! I can't believe you're 14 already! Hope you had the best birthday :)

Jamie Sue said...

Sounds like fun...and those waffles look REALLY good!

Christina LeSueur said...

She is pretty awesome, isn't she? :) Sounds like an awesome party!

Brian and Janette said...

Yeah--I kind of like that girl too!