Saturday, January 30, 2010

Tid bits

Went on a field trip to the state capital this week with my 8th grader. Here's some things I learned...do you know the answers?

How many Supreme court justices in AZ?
How much do they make?
What is the line of succession for governor in AZ...1-5?
We elect many positions that other states let the governor appoint, such as secretary of state, state treasurer, attorney general, superintendant of schools, etc.
The state librarian gets to do some cool stuff:)
AND 8th graders are A-L-O-T scarier then they used to be....

On another note...Kins was awarded the award this month at school for the character trait of determination...Uh..YAAAH. She got to eat lunch with the principal. We had to laugh, even the teachers notice her ummmmm trait.

2 comments:

Becca LeSueur said...

Kins is AWESOME!!! I wish I had that kind of determination. That girl can do anything when she sets her mind to it.

Brian and Janette said...

Hmmm...sad to say that I'm not sure on any of those answers...some I think I may know, but others--no idea! Shame, shame!

About Kins---that girl is a chip off the ole block...love her!